Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: White Body Molly

  1. #1
    Inactive Member luvmygirls's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 22nd, 2006
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hello! I'm new to the board and to collecting. My daughters and I have started collecting the Historical dolls. There is a doll on e-bay right now that has hair that looks like Samantha's. Would Molly's hair look like this unbraided? I asked the seller if she was rewigged, but she stated that it is original. Any advise would be helpful - I'm interested on bidding, but want one that has the original head/wig. Here's the link to the auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5659098761
    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member AG Seamstress's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    268
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    For some reason, that hair looks way too long to be Molly's. I also don't think a white body dolls hair would have that much shine and wave to it, especially if it had been in braids. Just my opinion. It looks like a re-wigging to me. I have 3 older Mollys, and their hair is just a tad lighter, and duller.
    What does everyone else think???

  3. #3
    Inactive Member KimberBee's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 11th, 2003
    Posts
    273
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Perhaps it's a Molly who's undergone a downy dunk? Her hair does look a bit long but a downy dunk and curling would explain the shine and wave.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member caroloto's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 18th, 2004
    Posts
    229
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would ask her if they had bought the doll new or from someone else.

    I have a white body Molly. Mine hasn't much color in her face normal with older dolls, hair isn't as long but the hair color does look to be the same.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That looks like Samantha's hair to me.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member lacherig's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 30th, 2005
    Posts
    160
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Molly's hair has waves when it's taken out of the braids. And it is long. Having it braided makes it seem shorter.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Welcome to the board! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] I also think that doll's hair looks too long to be Molly's. My Molly's hair is down right now, and it almost reaches the bottom of her body.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member brazilian_girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 25th, 2005
    Posts
    90
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think it might be the angle shot, the hair is not so long as it appears on the photo of her back, you can see on the front photo that her hair is not so long, but I agree it looks more like Samantha's hair... Maybe it was unbraided right away when purchased and kept like this or maybe it went through a "downy dunk"...

    Hope this helps, I would try to buy this Molly if the seller would ship to Brazil... Her face is gorgeous.

    Best,
    Ana Claudia
    Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

  9. #9
    Inactive Member caroloto's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 18th, 2004
    Posts
    229
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well did you bid? And win?

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Molly92's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 9th, 2005
    Posts
    168
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If it is Molly's hair it might have been curled with the plastic curlers you can buy for the dolls in the hair care set. Her hair does look very long however. There is another Molly that I am very positive is authentic. Here is the auction:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/AMERICAN-GIRL-18...QQcmdZViewItem

    Stephanie

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •